Long Arm Quilting

Sunday, June 17, 2012

 Hey there! I have been quilting up a storm, but since my computers have been having issues I have not been able to blog very often. I am here sewing instead (and sorting and packing a bit to get ready for the move).

 This is the quilt I made for Sharon Smith. I quilted all the herringbone parts with vines.

 Swirls and loops on the boarder. The quilting on this quilt went perfectly. Not one thread break....not that I normally have tons of thread breaks, but I had to do some big time care to my long arm not too long ago and I am very happy that my husband and I (and yes the Smiths) are able to figure out what was going on with the machine. Once again I will sing the praises of an older machine that I can tend at home.

 I signed it so Sharon won't forget who made this quilt. Normally I just sign in the binding, but I had plans to do more to this binding.

 This is the back. Pretty simple, 200 thread count muslin by Moda. It is my all time favorite quilt backing.

 I also finished several Texas Flag quilts. I think I have made 9 of these so far. Crazy huh? I just adore quilting them. The piecing itself is really quick and easy, but the quilting is a blast.


 I like to make loops on the bindings sometimes, normally I do it when I have a zillion other things to do and can't focus on what needs to be done, I can work on this mindless activity and prioritize the other projects I need to sort before the packers arrive.

 This binding has lots of loops.

 Finally this is a little flag. It will be a wall hanging. I did not quilt this one with my long arm.

I used my Bernina 820. I love this machine when it is working well.

I hope all you fathers out there are having a great day!
Happy Fathers Day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tia, you've a great sewing table for the 820, did you buy it at the bernina dealer or did you built it by yourself?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I read each one. I will either respond via email or here in the comments. xo - Tia