Long Arm Quilting

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Quilt Posse meeting info




Hey there! I hope you are all well and enjoying a taste of spring. I am busy doing all sorts of things, but I can't show most of them right now. Bummer I know. The FT Leavenworth Quilt Posse is meeting at my house on the 2nd of April at 1000. If you are in town please come by email me and I will give you details on where I live if you want to come. We will be doing free motion quilting on domestic machines then making them into bags. It is going to be super fun, and there is no charge...just your company and maybe bring something for lunch to share. The bags we will be making are like the one above. My favorite zipper tricks, and some bag making tips. Super fun! So you will need:


  • a 14 inch closed sport zipper
  • 2 fat quarters (or some pieced blocks/or a little quilt equaling 18x22 inches) 
  • pretty cotton thread
  • sewing machine with a quilting foot and the machine manual if you don't know how to do a bit of free motion quilting
  • A zipper foot for your sewing machine
  • an 8 inch piece of trim or fabric or leather for the handle if you want one.
  • **If you don't have a quilting foot, or aren't confident in your sewing machine please let me know and you can borrow one of my extra machines. I have several vintage machines that are very fun to quilt on. Reserve one and I will have it set up for you. If this pertains to you, show up at least 1/2 hour early so I can teach you how they work.  
I will provide batting as I have HEAPS leftover from quilts.

This is going to be super fun! I normally charge for this class, so you will be getting a great deal! Please RSVP so I know if you are coming or not.




This is the block for the month of April. Its name is Garden Walk. I gave out templates for it at last months meeting, but I can give them tuesday when you come, or you can email me and I will get them to you that way. We will not be working on the block at the meeting like we normally do. But is it really easy so I am confident you can make it by yourself. 

OK, back to the quilt lair!
xo,
Tia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read each one. I will either respond via email or here in the comments. xo - Tia