Long Arm Quilting

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Quilt Of Valor Ceremony


Today was a really good day. Our Quilt of Valor group gave away a room full of quilts to soldiers of the 291st MP Company. They just got back from a deployment to Afghanistan. I know legions of quilters make quilts for QOV, but I wonder how many actually get to go to the presentation ceremonies? Well, if you ever get a chance I think you should attend.


This was the room ahead of the presentation. Many of the quilts are laid out on the tables waiting for a solider to come and pick them out. There is another stack of quilts over on the side stage to fill in as quilts get chosen.






It was so fun to walk around an try to pick out quilts that I had quilted. I have done so many lately that I have last track of them.



When the soldiers and their families came in they got to pick out which quilt they liked the best. It was fun to see some of the wives come in ahead of time to scout out the quilts then tell their soldier to  pick their favorite. Most of the soldiers were single so there weren't many spouses picking out quilts ahead of time.





Here are some of the tops before I quilted them.


Here are some of the pictures of the soldiers with their quilts. They were all so sweet and thankful. I don't think I have ever felt so much happiness after giving a quilt away as I did today.






Today was great! Thanks all of you who made tops, quilted them, bound them, made pillow cases and labels. These quilts will be loved! They are so special and have found very worthy new homes.

xo,
Tia Curtis

3 comments:

  1. These pictures and your narrative make me so happy! Thank you for all your beautiful machine quilting on our Quilts of Valor! You are always so willing to offer your services and it means so much to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Raylene. I am spoiled quilting your beautiful quilts. It was such a pleasure. All those smiles, hugs and kisses was a tremendous reward. I haven't stopped smiling since I left the chapel.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for posting these pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I read each one. I will either respond via email or here in the comments. xo - Tia