Long Arm Quilting

Friday, October 24, 2014

Rebecca's Cotton and Steel Quilt


This awesome quilt was made by Rebbecca Maples. She is so sweet. She wanted me to go wild in the asymmetrical solid border, and keep the quilting in the center prints rather simple.


I had a BLAST quilting this quilt. What I did a little different this time was to quilt some of the quotes from the Cotton and Steel Selvages into the quilt. Above it says "Leap and the net will appear" then I quilted all around them freehand.



I used Quilters Dream Puff batting in this quilt to really make the quilting pop out. I love quoting on Puff batting. Above it says "Day dress"


Here is says "luminescence" and "Starlight"


On the bottom I put "Persistence Prevails"



I loved quilting this quilt. I would love to do 5 more just like it!

Have a great day,
Tia

4 comments:

  1. OH! Beautiful. I think I know what I'm going to do w/ my 10" Cotton and Steel blocks now. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such an awesome job!!! I love the "Leap and the Net Will Appear" quote and the "Presistance Prevails" quote. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work on this quilt is fabulous. It makes me smile and keep coming back to look at it over and over. And yet the simple quilt and fabric are still highlighted. Great balance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love. That is all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I read each one. I will either respond via email or here in the comments. xo - Tia