Long Arm Quilting

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

The Mighty Savannah


Hi there! I got to quilt another quilt on my bucket list! When my friend Stephanie called me and asked me if I was interested in quilting her Savannah Lion quilt she was making for Cherrywood Fabrics I didn't hesitate to say YES!!! This is a quilt I have seen floating around the internet and I have loved it. I knew I absolutely did not have the patience to make it, but I was dying for someone to have me quit theirs for them.


I knew just how I wanted to quilt it! I wanted straight lines in the face and a wild mane.


For that fantastic teal and aqua background I quilted small scale grid and swirls (which I am totally crushing on at the moment).



The eye got a swirl. I do wish I would have used black thread, but oh well,


I love this quilt. Wool batting, 4 5 different colors of thread and I think 5 days of quilting. I probably could have done it in 3 days, but my kids kept having to eat and I kept having the sleep at night and the pool called a couple times to ask where we were (not really, but we did go to the pool. It is summer after all.)

Have the best day ever!
Tia Curtis

6 comments:

  1. Impressive quilt............Lots and lots of fun quilting areas for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is one of your best quilts, amazing! Love the teal background, don't you wish it was yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen I do love this one. And yes I do wish it was mine.

      Delete
  3. Love all your work! Please send me a link or add me re the new website - angiewillis99@gmail.com
    Anxiously awaiting your purse patterns! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angie! I added you to the newsletter list. Which purse pattern are you waiting for?

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I read each one. I will either respond via email or here in the comments. xo - Tia